This industrial schoolhouse chic property embodies a sense of inner geek in a chic setting, embracing diversity through the common desire to discover, with an uncommon experience. Explorers satisfy the whims of their inner geek with a Book Butler, in-room art galleries, alchemist mixology lessons and Sudoku sleep-ins plus destination diversions curated to enlighten mind, body and soul such as geek to chic makeover at the Aveda Institute headquarters and personal story and book creation at Loft Literary Center.
The Beacon Public House is the ultimate gastro-pub, featuring superior regional cuisine and modern mixology through reinvented classic cocktails, while bringing out the inner geek in every foodie through Words with Friends Wine Hours and Retro Bar Bingo.
No two trips to the Commons Hotel will ever be the same, as every visit brings new discoveries and experiences to enlighten mind and soul.
Commons Hotel is on a smoke free campus.
View Commons Hotel Fact Sheet >
- 42 inch LCD Flat Screen TV with PayPerView & HBO
- Iron/Ironing board
- Single Cup Coffee Maker
- Renovated Bathrooms with rain shower heads
- Complimentary wireless Internet
The Commons Hotel has a state-of-the-art fitness center stocked with brand new equipment from Life Fitness.
Guests enjoy the new sport treadmills, recumbent and upright stationary bikes, elliptical, free weights and personal TV’s on the cardio equipment. The facilities also include abdominal bench and other great workout aids.
Appropriate work-out attire and shoes are required at all times.
- Self-parking for $15/night. Self-Parking is located directly behind the hotel in the flat parking lot. Overflow parking is available in the Washington Street ramp which is connected via skyway on the 3rd level - there are vehicle size restrictions.
- Busses and Oversized Vehicles require special advance arrangements through the University of Minnesota
- Valet Parking available for $25/night.
The staff at the Commons Hotel is committed to ensuring that we meet and exceed all of the requirements for the Americans with Disabilities Act. The staff at our hotel is trained to accommodate guests with special needs, so that all of our guests, including those with disabilities are able to have an enjoyable and safe stay.
At The Commons Hotel, we want to make sure all our guests are able to take advantage of every activity the hotel has to offer.
- Braille symbols in elevator
- Public entrance
- Service animals welcome
- Accessible route from the entrance to registration
- Accessible route to guestrooms
- Accessible route from entrance to restaurant
- Accessible route from entrance to meeting rooms and ballrooms
- Self-parking for cars and vans